Boosting your immune system, naturally!

Stacey

I think it is important that people learn about their immune systems and immune health, especially when people are out there trying to tell you otherwise. I know this is mainly down to covid vaccination scares, money, and politics but we should all learn and better understand things for our own sake so we can't be lied to.

What are some ways you boost your immune system that you know works for your body?

I have found that drinking enough water makes a big difference. I think this is down to staying hydrated and making sure my lymph nodes continue to flush themselves properly. 

Well, it is probably a no brainer at this point but getting enough D3 each year helps. If you live in an area where you get seasons, you have to make the most of your summer and make sure you get enough D3 to last your the winter. Most people don't which is why a lot of them get sick in February and March for the "flu season". 

Eating a diet that has at least 30% coming from fresh fruit and vegetables will make a big different. I try to eat some raw vegetables and fruit every day if I can manage. It is harder in the winter because we get snow and out of season stuff just doesn't taste as good. 

You want to focus on nutrition first and foremost. Make sure you get enough vitamin C, zinc, D3, and quercetin. You will have to rely mostly on the sun for D3 but you can get loads of vitamin C from bell peppers, quercetin from onions (yellow or red), and zinc from pumpkin seeds. If you make a point to be outdoors at least 4 days a week and eat the foods I mentioned daily, you should have a strong immune system. Exercise is also important but focus on nutrition first. 

23 hours ago, Mila said:

You want to focus on nutrition first and foremost. Make sure you get enough vitamin C, zinc, D3, and quercetin. You will have to rely mostly on the sun for D3 but you can get loads of vitamin C from bell peppers, quercetin from onions (yellow or red), and zinc from pumpkin seeds. If you make a point to be outdoors at least 4 days a week and eat the foods I mentioned daily, you should have a strong immune system. Exercise is also important but focus on nutrition first. 

Anytime I start to feel sick, I will up my vitamin C levels through orange juice, fruits, and sometimes vitamins. I just get as much as I can in me and stop when my body signals the limit. I started feeling sick the other day. I was around someone who had COVID and didn't know it. I have been drinking half a gallon of OJ a day and have not gotten worse. Just tired, weak, and sore. No coughing or sore throat, anything like that.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 7:54 PM, Scarlett said:

Anytime I start to feel sick, I will up my vitamin C levels through orange juice, fruits, and sometimes vitamins. I just get as much as I can in me and stop when my body signals the limit. I started feeling sick the other day. I was around someone who had COVID and didn't know it. I have been drinking half a gallon of OJ a day and have not gotten worse. Just tired, weak, and sore. No coughing or sore throat, anything like that.

That is a smart move. I feel like health really needs to factor more in people's day to day lives. Making healthier choices so we are not such a sick nation anymore.