Ways to heal scars naturally?

Stacey

Does anyone have and tips or tricks that work? I have a few scars on my shoulder from my cats that are annoying me. They get more noticeable when I am more tan in the summer. I would say they are 2 maybe 3 years old at this point. Even if I can just lighten them a bit, it would be better than they are. 

I think topical items with vitamin C help. I have no experience with this myself but I have had friends swear by it. I don't know the actual products they used, but I can find out. Vitamin C, when applied topically, will lighten the skin and heal it from underneath. 

Lemon juice mixed with some coconut oil does the trick. At least it did for me. I know some will say not to use it on your face as it can lighten the skin of more delicate areas but the shoulder will be fine. Give it a try. If it is working for you, you will notice a difference in 2 weeks. When I used this remedy it took about 3 months to heal a scar I had. I can still see it but it is hard to notice. It just looks like a bit of raised skin. 

• Like 1

My sister swears by olive oil. She used it to get rid of acne scars on her back. She used to break out (she had "backne") two times a year, in the fall and spring and it left some spots on her upper back. She started using olive oil before and after showering. She would put it on the area an hour before showering and then again after, just a small amount. You can't even see her scars anymore. 

On 12/16/2021 at 7:39 PM, Ella said:

Lemon juice mixed with some coconut oil does the trick. At least it did for me. I know some will say not to use it on your face as it can lighten the skin of more delicate areas but the shoulder will be fine. Give it a try. If it is working for you, you will notice a difference in 2 weeks. When I used this remedy it took about 3 months to heal a scar I had. I can still see it but it is hard to notice. It just looks like a bit of raised skin. 

I did this before on my face. I didn't have the issues with discoloring but I made sure to keep it in a small area. I used it on this scar I had from a bad pimple and it almost entirely got rid of it. I was impressed.