My nerves are making issues for my stomach!

Ella

This was never a big issue when I was younger but it seems if I get really upset about something, my stomach reacts. I end up not being able to eat much, I get stomach pains, and have other embarrassing issues. I don't know when or why this started but it seems if I get too emotional about anything, my stomach ends up being a mess for weeks. Is there anything I can do to help calm it down and heal it faster? 

• Like 1

If the problem is really bad you should consult with a medical professional. 

Stress and anxiety can easily link to your stomach because of all the nerves you have in that area of your body. How you feel will depend on how well you can deal with the stress and anxiety. 

Some quick tips for dealing with stress on the fly; chew some gum, listen to some music you enjoy, do some breathing exercises, use a stress ball, take a warm bath, or spend some time with a pet or loved one.

I heard and read that lavender oil helps. You just sniff it when you are feeling tensed up. My mother had issues with her nerves. She has IBS that is stress induced which is likely what is going on for you. Just stick to a lighter diet until you are feeling better. Eat things like white rice, potatoes, and yogurt to help calm your belly.

• Like 1

You have to find a balance of allowing yourself to feel your emotions without letting them linger. It is hard to do if you are prone to issues with your stomach. I know anytime I am scared or nervous, I throw up. I have been this way since I was a small child. Some people struggle with eating while others find themselves overeating due to stress. 

• Like 1

When I worry, I have stomach trouble. It can be something as simple as feeling a bit sick to my stomach or it can get as bad as needing to stay within 10 feet of a bathroom for an hour or two. I found that deep breathing helps a lot. Any time you feel yourself getting too upset, worried, ect. about anything just take time to do slow deep breathing. 

• Like 1

Consider trying natural supplementation that helps calm you down. There are teas that can do this and essential oils as mentioned. You can also give something like maca root a try. A friend of mine used it for her depression and it helped her get out of it. Over all, she said she felt calmer, happier, and less prone to physical stress issues. 

• Like 1