What exercise helps with anxiety?

Mila

Lately I have felt kind of on edge with everything. I feel anxious and worried. Things dealing with vaccination mandates, my parents having health issues and money issues, my cat getting sick... I am just trying to relax more. I read that exercise can reduce anxiety. Which exercise is best for this?

• Like 1

From what I understand, anything that gets your heart rate up. You can do short simple exercises like HIIT where you focus on giving it your all for 60 seconds and then slowing down for 2 minutes. You can do this several times throughout the day as well. No need to just stick it out of 30+ minutes. 

• Like 1

I think any exercise will help. Even if it is just walking!

The body thrives on movement so just being more active throughout the day will help you to not feel as stressed. I read that you can feel the difference right away if you put in enough effort. I mean for me, after I exercise I will feel a nice buzz from it. Like my mood will be lifted just after 30 minutes of exercise. 

• Like 1

Endurance cardio, meditation, and stretching. Take yourself out on a nice long bike ride or run. End that with a good 10 - 30 minutes of some kind of full body stretching routine. Capped with some mediation. That is the path I like to take when I need to let some stress fade away. 

So anything that gets the body moving and the mind slowing down? I guess that makes sense. Thanks for your replies everyone. I am going to work on this more. Try and get things under control in the next month through exercise and better eating. See how I feel. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...