Do you have tattoos? Why/why not?

Kuro

I never understood tattoos. I myself do not think I will ever get one. I have plenty of family members with tattoos though and are typically planning to get more. I know that over the years my interests change. I would not be able to think of something to tattoo to myself that I would want to see 20 or 30 years later. 

I have a couple but they are very small and all black ink. I actually drew them myself so I know no one else has them. Each one holds value to it for me. I don't understand people who get tattoos off a wall or ones that have no personal meaning to them in a deep sense. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a few. I wanted more when I was younger but enough time passed that I didn't get them done. I think this was for the best. I have a friend who got addicted to getting them and now she has like 25 or something. Must have spent over 5 grand on her tattoos at this point. 

• Like 1

I don't have any and I never really wanted any. I have no issue with people who get them but I feel like it is a life-long commitment with something you could later regret. I think that is what put me off from it. I can dye my hair but it will eventually go back to my natural color. There is no going back after a tattoo. At least not without lots of pain and money with and ugly scar.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just one. It is a small heart on my wrist. I kind of a got it as a bonding moment with my sister. She got one as well. I haven't had the desire to get another one and likely won't. They are fun and can be interesting but just not something I am in to. It seems like people just get it for the cool factor these days.

• Like 1