Does anyone know about rebounding?

Scarlett

I have been looking into alternative forms of exercising since I struggle to stick to one thing. Someone mentioned this on another forum and I had never heard about it. Apparently, it can help with weight management, toning/muscle building,  as well as a multitude of other health benefits. You just jump up and down on a small trampoline. Sounds easy but a lot of people say it is one heck of a workout. Does anyone know about it or do rebounding here? 

Have never done any rebounding but watching my 4 year old sweat in gymnastics class makes me know its hard work. The few times I have jumped on a trampoline in my adult life I was able to get the heart going pretty good. So many muscle groups are being worked at the same time too. Likely tons of alterations to make things harder as you progress. 

Sounds like fun. Any rebounders out there? 😛

I actually did this in high school! It helped with cheerleading and keeping my muscles and joints from locking on me. I didn't know there were health benefits attached to it but that doesn't surprise me. The only reason I stopped doing it weekly was because I went off to college and had no where to keep it. My mother ended up giving it to her neighbor who's kid had a blast with it. I have been thinking of some kind of exercise to do weekly that wasn't so demanding of time or energy, I might have to get another one!

• Like 1

I think this was gaining popularity in the early 2000's if I am remembering correctly. My mother had one and she used it to help with her back and knees. I remember she lost a lot of weight when she was just doing that and walking the dog 20 min a day. I have never used one myself so I have no input on it!

• Like 1