What foods are low in calories but very filling?

Mila

I am trying to help my sister reach her weight loss goal. She wants to lose 15 pounds by Christmas. I told her she just needs to cut back on calories and be more active. She never calorie counted nor knows what the best options are. I have a hard time knowing myself as I have never had a weight problem. Can you guys/gaps suggest some great low calorie foods that are filling?

The first food that comes to mind is Oatmeal! So many benefits with these oats and they can fill you up nicely. 

If oatmeal is not up your sisters alley maybe some Greek Yogurt or Soup. 

Berries may also be a good option. They have decent fiber content that can help fill you up. 

Assuming you skip the cheese and go with a light dressing, salads are always an excellent choice. Most soups are also low in calories too. She can try a soup and salad diet. My aunt did this a few years ago. She would eat a small bowl of soup for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and a normal dinner and that was it. It helped her lose over 40 pounds in just a few months. 

Edited by Scarlett
  • Like 1

Eggs are pretty feeling and are only 70 calories a piece. You can do a 3 egg vegetable omelet using olive oil and it will only be around 320 calories. Soups, as mentioned, can be filling if you eat the broth. A good trick to help cut back though is drinking 8oz of water 20 minutes before every meal. 

• Like 1

Pickles and cucumbers! You can cut up two very large cucumbers and it only amounts to maybe 40 calories and then get a low calorie dip. This is one of my favorite snacks that has helped me cut down on eating chips. I prefer to eat this in the warmer months though and I will do carrots in the fall and winter with dips.

• Like 1