Should I eat more nuts?

Quinten

I like peanuts, walnuts and a slew of other kinds of nuts, but I was wondering if nuts are a good snack to grab instead of other unhealthy snacks? I like to take a container with nuts in it to snack on during my work day, and it lasts me most of the day. Are nuts usually healthy to eat? Or should you limit your intake to a certain amount? 

• Like 1

Anything that is not consumed with moderation in mind can lead to an unhealthy choice. 

Nuts are pretty good though and have good fats, proteins, and fiber. 

If you have the choice between some Oreos and some Cashews of course the cashews are going to be the best option. 

I enjoy snacking on nuts. Cashews are my favorite and I can quickly eat to many. I typically poor them into a smaller bowl to help control portion size. They also work well for me as a snack when I am out on longer bike rides. 

I love eating mixed nuts and seeds but I have a bad habit of overeating them. From my understanding, they are VERY dense so it only takes a small handful to amount to 200 or 300 calories (depending on the nuts and seeds you are eating). I think you can eat them but just limit yourself to a daily amount.

• Like 1

I think everyone should eat more seeds and nuts than they do but you want to avoid the ones that are loaded with salt and use processed oils. Go for raw nuts and seeds if you can. I get all mine from nuts.com and I find their quality to be the best I have ever had. I like to stock up and get the nuts and seeds I like and keep them in jars. I use them as toppings and ingredients. 

• Like 1