Should you get life insurance at even a young age?

I've been considering getting life insurance for myself, so that in the chance I somehow die a young age, my family will be covered from any funeral expenses and other such things. Do you advise that everyone get life insurance on themselves so that their family is covered when I die? I want to make sure my family is safe and don't require them to spend a ton. Should I get life insurance or wait? 

• Like 1

I don't think it'd hurt to get life insurance on yourself. I'm thinking about doing it myself. I suppose you could wait until an older age, but I feel like it's best to be ready now. I know people who are sick or dying, will probably want to get life insurance. I know I would if I was sick with an incurable disease. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 9:11 PM, James said:

If you have a family and do not have a large stockpile of cash it will be a good idea. No one wants to leave their loved ones with the burden of debt and life insurance can really help with that. 

This! Seriously, if you have a big family as well, and you're living on limited funds, then it's best to get some kind of insurance. I think the costs for a funeral and everything included is near $10,000, give or take. So it's not cheap, even getting cremated isn't cheap. So having some kind of life insurance is recommended. 

But, these days those who aren't covered, have utilized the likes of GoFundme to help pay for funeral costs. And it's kinda messed up that people need to do that just to bury a loved one when they pass. 

• Like 1