What food encourages skin to stay youthful?

Ella

I am getting older and now that I am seeing fine lines showing up, I want to focus on eating more food that will help support my skin. I know we all will age but if I can maintain healthier skin, I know it will not look as bad as I age. What are some foods that are good for this?

• Like 1

There are quite a few foods you can add to your diet that will help keep your skin looking young. 

• Fatty Fish like Salmon
  • Avocados
  • Sunflower Seeds
  • Broccoli
  • Walnuts
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Bell Peppers
  • Olive Oil
  • Eggs
  • Cheese

A balanced diet with natural foods can help accomplish a lot for us. 

8 hours ago, James said:

Eggs

I was going to mention this one. This has to be one of the easiest things you can include in your diet that will do wonders for your skin. I eat at least one hard boiled egg a day and have done so for 10 years now. I swear my skin hasn't aged much. 

• Like 1

Drinking enough water is one of the easiest ways. I think this mostly comes down to what you put in your body that is bad for you. Like smoking, drinking, etc. will cause you to age faster. Eating a diet high in sugar is shown to cause premature aging of the skin and bones. 

I always heard bone broth is really good for the skin.

• Like 1

Anything natural will. Think whole foods. Things like fresh veg and fruit, nuts and seeds, oats and grains. Water is also important. Genetics will play a role for sure but if you eat right for your body, you will age a lot more gracefully. 

• Like 1