Best foods to lower high blood pressure

Lana

I had some really high blood pressure today when I went to the doctors. I was wondering what the best food is to help with lowering blood pressure. Any suggestions? I know fruits and veggies are a good start, but is there anything else I should eat that is good for lowering high blood pressure? I of course have to workout more often it seems. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 🙂 

I have heard that fruits and vegetables high in potassium can help lower your blood pressure. Here is a quick list:

• Bananas
  • Avocado
  • Cantaloupe
  • Honeydew Melon
  • Beans
  • Tomatoes
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Mushrooms

Also halibut and tuna can you you a good dose of potassium if you are looking for some fish. 

As you stated exercise is also very important to the process. 

Oatmeal works. I have lower blood pressure and was on a kick with eating oatmeal every day. I did this for a few weeks and started getting lightheaded. Come to find out it was lowering my blood pressure, something I didn't want or need! So I don't eat it anymore but I know it works! Helped my husband bring his down to a health range within 6 weeks of eating it 5 days a week.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 8:40 PM, Sophia said:

Oatmeal works. I have lower blood pressure and was on a kick with eating oatmeal every day. I did this for a few weeks and started getting lightheaded. Come to find out it was lowering my blood pressure, something I didn't want or need! So I don't eat it anymore but I know it works! Helped my husband bring his down to a health range within 6 weeks of eating it 5 days a week.

I second this. My one brother who is overweight had issues with high blood pressure when he was younger. He started eating oatmeal daily and within a month, he had health blood pressure. I think it helps balance out the body and strengthen the heart thanks to its nutrition. I heard eating wheat germ does the same but with more benefits.

• Like 2