Does online dating make it easier?

EagleEye

Easier in what sense? I guess for communicating it can but I feel like if you date with intention like going on a dating website or app, you have to worry about being lied to and cat-fished way more. I personally wouldn't date online this way. If I happen to meet someone on a forum or social platform, that is one thing but I wouldn't sign up for a dating site.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think for certain people it has but a lot of people are missing out on natural social interactions. I think that it kind of hurts the early stages of a relationship. On the other hand, depending on your morals it can be great for you. People who want to wait for sex until marriage comes to mind. You can learn about each other first before physical contact happens. I have a friend who met someone online. He was in another state. They dated online for 6 months before they met in person and they got married right away. They are still together and it has been 10 years. 

• Like 1

Online dating has helped a lot of people (introverts, those with social anxieties, ect.) but it has also hurt a lot of people in terms of forming healthy relationships. I think it depends on who you ask and what their reasoning is. If you are a very social person then it is probably best to meet someone offline. 

• Like 1