Is diet soda bad for you?

Rachel

I've been drinking more diet soda, as I've been told that diet soda is not nearly as bad as regular soda. I've been mostly drinking the zero sugar drinks, as I hear they use a different kind of sweetener that isn't really all that bad for you. Do you guys like diet pop? I find it to be alright. You gotta get used to the taste I think. 

• Like 1

Yeah I enjoy 1 diet soda per day. Typically diet coke. They say the aspartame is not the best for you but as long as it is being consumed in moderation I would hope the body could deal with it. I enjoy my soda a day habit and I will typically have a that beverage instead of a solid food snack. 

I can consume artificial sugars of any kind. I will get terrible migraines and panic attacks from it. I am not sure why. I even get this reaction from xylitol and that is considered a safer natural sugar. I don't drink a lot of soda anyways. I have maybe a few cans a week. I think that is okay. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Emma said:

I can consume artificial sugars of any kind. I will get terrible migraines and panic attacks from it. I am not sure why. I even get this reaction from xylitol and that is considered a safer natural sugar. I don't drink a lot of soda anyways. I have maybe a few cans a week. I think that is okay. 

You can or can't? I am assuming you meant can't! 

My sister is like this. No one else in our family seems to have the problem with this, only her. She will actually get hot flashes from it as if she has a fever. Her doctor told her she has an allergy. 

• Like 2

It is bad for you, yes. My husband used to drink it. He gave up standard soda in place for diet. He did this to help with his weight loss efforts. While he did cut back and started going on daily walks, he still managed to not lose any weight. He even gained some. We couldn't figure out why. His chiropractor was the one that told us about it. I guess for some people, diet soda (the chemical in it) can cause you to GAIN WEIGHT! He stopped drinking it that day and just treated himself to a small bottle a week. He ended up losing 15 pounds in one month after that with no other changes. 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 7:41 PM, Ella said:

You can or can't? I am assuming you meant can't! 

My sister is like this. No one else in our family seems to have the problem with this, only her. She will actually get hot flashes from it as if she has a fever. Her doctor told her she has an allergy. 

Yes, I can't. Maybe I am allergic to it as well? That is fine by me. I will listen to my body and just avoid it. I know I can't chew most gum for the same reason and I have to read toothpaste labels if I switch. I am using tooth powder now. Cleanest thing I have found and I actually prefer it.

• Like 2