Attempting blind dating, ever do it?

Lana

I have always wondered about blind dating. Honestly it's something I have almost done a few times. I have reconsidered it each time, usually right up to the time I was going to go out. I mostly attempted to go to blind dating events, like those speed dating events. I'm not into doing that stuff.

Anyway, have you ever tried blind dating? Or even speed dating? 

• Like 1

This is something I have always wanted to try but never had the courage to do. The movies always make it look a lot more fun than it probably is I am sure! Maybe I will give it a try in the future, who knows! I just want the experience to say it was something I tried, even if it sucks.

• Like 1

I never have and honestly have no interest in it. I am married now but even if I was not, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. I like to know about the person more before I commit to dating them or going out on dates with them. I feel like this is a good way for people who work a lot to meet new people though!

• Like 1

I always thought the concept was silly. Like I understand the aspects of it being good like @Ella mentioned but outside of that, it just sounds like a bad experience I would not want to be a part of. I would much rather have something grow organically like it did for my husband and I.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sophia said:

I always thought the concept was silly. Like I understand the aspects of it being good like @Ella mentioned but outside of that, it just sounds like a bad experience I would not want to be a part of. I would much rather have something grow organically like it did for my husband and I.

I never had to go through the blind date process. My current wife I met when I trained her at McDonalds 20 years ago. Most of the connections I have made in life have been through work. Going out and meeting strangers with the intention of talking to them not about business related topics would likely raise my anxiety levels. Lucky to have met my partner so early and have things work out. 

• Like 1

I went on a blind date set up by a friend once. I went into it open-minded. I wasn't very attracted to the guy but he made me laugh. Needless to say, I tried to give it a go but the kiss at the end of the date just put me off completely. He was not only a terrible kisser but he had terrible breath. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 2:17 PM, James said:

I never had to go through the blind date process. My current wife I met when I trained her at McDonalds 20 years ago. Most of the connections I have made in life have been through work. Going out and meeting strangers with the intention of talking to them not about business related topics would likely raise my anxiety levels. Lucky to have met my partner so early and have things work out. 

I am married as well and so thankful not to have to be dating right now. It seems a lot worse now than it was just 20 years ago. I would likely struggle and have to rely on being set up by friends, I would dread it! 

• Like 1