Do you think the US will start to have states who back out?

Stacey

I keep hearing about succession and states wanting to leave the US because of everything happening. 

I am worried that this will cause more harm than good because a lot of the troubled areas where the mandates are heavy and freedom is being removed is in major cities. I feel like it would be a better approach to stop trying to run other areas like the city. That is a completely different lifestyle and requires different laws. 

• Like 1

I think we have already seen this. Look at places like New York and California. They are not listening to the government. They are doing whatever they please. California is allowing people who aren't even citizens to vote! And in New York, they said that if you aren't vaccinated for any reason, you are not welcomed in the state. 

• Like 2

On 10/6/2021 at 8:13 PM, Emma said:

I think we have already seen this. Look at places like New York and California. They are not listening to the government. They are doing whatever they please. California is allowing people who aren't even citizens to vote! And in New York, they said that if you aren't vaccinated for any reason, you are not welcomed in the state. 

I was going to mention this. Oregon is another one doing their own thing and ignoring everyone else. I think other states should do the same though. If they want to ruin their lives by allowing this stuff where they live, that is their choice!

• Like 1

There has been talk around this topic for decades. We have not seen a state like California split off yet and do their own thing. I really do not think we have any states with the financial ability to truly pull it off as the federal government provides a lot for the states. 

My father is very much into politics and when people bring up this topic, he says everyone is worrying about the wall at the Mexican boarder. They need to just build a wall around New York, California, and Oregon and a lot of the problems in the US was seize to exist. LOL 

• Haha 1