Do you still watch/use cable television?

Sophia

I feel like it is split among people my age. Most people younger than me don't have any use for it and usually people about 5+ years older than me still mostly use it. I know my parents can't be without it but my friend's parents who are a good 15 years younger don't have it anymore and just use Hulu and Netflix. 

• Like 1

No, I can't tell you the last time I did. My boyfriend and I got rid of our cable a while ago since we hardly used it. We watch stuff online these days. He stopped watching sports so there was no reason for us to have cable anymore. 

• Like 1

I make use of it from time to time but I tend to have too much going on to care honestly. I can't tell you how many shows I stopped watching over the years because I lost interest in sitting through commercials or setting my schedule up to ensure I was home to watch them. 

• Like 1

Yes I still watch cable. I am a YouTube TV subscriber which carries all the cable channels I was used to when I was with the old cable company. Need my national news opinion and sports still. Plus plenty of decent background content to put on when focusing on other tasks. 

My kids though think it is the strangest thing that I DVR things and fast forward through commercials. My younger brother who is just 4 years younger then me does not have any cable service other then internet that I am aware of. Strange how things changed so fast. 

2 hours ago, James said:

Yes I still watch cable. I am a YouTube TV subscriber which carries all the cable channels I was used to when I was with the old cable company. Need my national news opinion and sports still. Plus plenty of decent background content to put on when focusing on other tasks. 

My kids though think it is the strangest thing that I DVR things and fast forward through commercials. My younger brother who is just 4 years younger then me does not have any cable service other then internet that I am aware of. Strange how things changed so fast. 

That is interesting! I guess it depends on how you grew up and what you were raised around. I have some friends who are a little younger than me who still watch cable so there is a younger audience for it but I feel like they wouldn't have it if they had to pay for it!

• Like 1

To put things in perspective I was born in 84 and my younger brother was born in 88. 

My wife who was born in 83 it took her a long time to get used to the streaming services. She also DVRs content and still watches the commercials by choice... She says that is what she is used to.