Would you date someone who was 20+ years older than you?

Lana

Would you ever date someone who was 20+ years older than you? My brother is in his 20s and he's dating a woman in her 40s and I see them together and they look happy. I never been into the idea of dating someone that much older than I, but then again, I guess I wouldn't know unless I met someone I liked. Who knows, I may end up liking a man who is way older than I am. 

What about you, would you date someone who's that much older than you? 

• Like 1

No. Not because age is an issue. I have found men in their 40s and even 50s attractive but the age gap would be too much personality wise. I would feel like I would either be viewed as "too lively" or he wouldn't be active enough. Then you have to consider the age as you both are aging. I would not want to be 50 in a relationship with someone who is 70. I want to be the one to go first lol

• Like 1

I honestly am not sure. I have had attraction towards older men, but I have never acted upon it. I feel too weird dating someone who could be around my parents age. if the right man came along and he was perfect, but a bit older, I would think about it. But I don't know if I'd date an older man. 

20 hours ago, Stacey said:

No. Not because age is an issue. I have found men in their 40s and even 50s attractive but the age gap would be too much personality wise. I would feel like I would either be viewed as "too lively" or he wouldn't be active enough. Then you have to consider the age as you both are aging. I would not want to be 50 in a relationship with someone who is 70. I want to be the one to go first lol

Yeah, that's another thing. I wouldn't want to date someone who could die in the week. No thanks. 

• Like 2

My cut off is 10 years. I will not date someone 10 years older than me. I would say going the other direction, 5 years. Being that I am 27, the oldest I would date is 37 and the youngest would be 22 but even then, that feels too young right now. A lot of guys who are 20 to 25 are still so immature! lol I usually date guys a few years older than me in general though. 

• Like 1

I am not sure. I am married now so I really can't even process this in my brain! lol

My husband is 7 years old than I am, if that helps. I mean I am not apposed to dating older so I can't say I would have never dated someone this old if I was not married.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 1:47 PM, Carson said:

Yeah, that's another thing. I wouldn't want to date someone who could die in the week. No thanks. 

I don't even know how gold diggers do it. Like dating someone much older than you and just waiting for them to die of old age. Even if you know you are getting money, losing someone has to be hard even if there was no real love there. I don't know. I just don't want to be with someone old enough to where I would have to worry about them breaking a hip! I will cross that road with someone closer to my own age.

• Like 1