How to get rid of a nervous stomach?

Sophia

Anytime I am worried, nervous, or bad thoughts pop into my head... Within minutes I will feel it in my stomach. I get almost nauseated. I already have issues with IBS so I would like to get this sorted out. I know the mind-gut connection is real, I see it in my own life. How can I remedy this?

• Like 1

You have to find a way to get your stress and anxiety levels down. It is funny because some stress is actually healthy for our bodies but when you get to a point where it is causing you other symptoms, you have had too much of it! Think of it like eating cake. A little won't hurt you, it might make you even feel good but if you eat too much of it, you will be sick to your stomach.

• Like 2

I get this feeling anytime I am about to go talk to a large group of people. This answer is one that no one likes but it just gets easier every time you do it. Getting comfortable being uncomfortable really is only way I know of to get through things like this. Practice makes better :). 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 2:51 PM, James said:

I get this feeling anytime I am about to go talk to a large group of people. This answer is one that no one likes but it just gets easier every time you do it. Getting comfortable being uncomfortable really is only way I know of to get through things like this. Practice makes better :). 

This right here. You kinda just have to push past the anxiety. If you're afraid of doing something, than challenging that fear will sometimes break it and help you get over said fear in the process. There's a medical term for it, where you push yourself to do the stuff you're scared to do. So if you have social anxiety, they would suggest you go into a group setting and talk. Or go out in public and challenge the social anxiety. 

• Like 1