People who get more and more plastic surgery

Brenden

I think anyone who goes out and gets tons of plastic surgery is hurting themselves more than anything. I never understood why people got so much plastic surgery. I've heard horror stories about people who got so many face lifts, nose jobs, that doctors could no longer work with their faces. 

I think plastic surgery is important, but I don't think people should go overboard with it either. What do you guys think? 

• Like 1

Plastic surgery goes against some of my values for accepting ourselves for who we are. 

There are times though that someone may want to change their physical appearance though to make themselves feel better. 

I really think it is one of those things for people uncomfortable with the way they look or wanting to be better accepted by their peers for different cosmetic plastic surgeries. 

There are also surgeries that are required to make something function better which totally makes sense to me. 

I would not get any plastic surgery myself unless it was to enhance the performance of something for my body. Everything else I live with and accept that it is part of what makes me who I am. 

• Like 1

Plastic surgery is one of those things that I think is fine for people who have been in accidents, suffered from severe burns, or had some sort of medical issue that has caused deformities be it breast cancer or a genetic disease. Outside of this, I don't agree with it. I think getting your teeth fixed is fine, even getting hair implants but when it comes to changing the structure of your face, lipo, butt and boob implants... I am against it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mila said:

Plastic surgery is one of those things that I think is fine for people who have been in accidents, suffered from severe burns, or had some sort of medical issue that has caused deformities be it breast cancer or a genetic disease. Outside of this, I don't agree with it. I think getting your teeth fixed is fine, even getting hair implants but when it comes to changing the structure of your face, lipo, butt and boob implants... I am against it. 

This is what I was trying to say. Very well articulated @Mila. Thanks 🙂 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just saw a video today, it was recommended to me on YouTube. It was a guy who got shamed from a young age. He was told his face was too round. He wanted to be a model and it scared him. So he started doing jaw exercises and now he looks terrible! I had no idea you could do this without plastic surgery! 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 7:33 PM, Sophia said:

I just saw a video today, it was recommended to me on YouTube. It was a guy who got shamed from a young age. He was told his face was too round. He wanted to be a model and it scared him. So he started doing jaw exercises and now he looks terrible! I had no idea you could do this without plastic surgery! 

I saw that too! Yikes! He was such a cute guy and now he looks like he is turning into a minecraft character! 

This is something no one ever talks about with young men either and it breaks my heart. People act like women only struggle with issue of self-hate on appearance but plenty of men have struggles too. 

• Like 1

I know some people that have had some breast augmentation work done. 

Years later they seem to complain about it and talk of back pain. So it was a one and done thing for them. I even know people that have had the same procedure reversed. 

Am not aware of anyone else that I know that has had cosmetic surgery. 

Yeah, plastic surgery is something that I don't usually agree with, unless it is used to help medically, but otherwise I think we should stick with the bodies we got. 

I can understand some work, but when people go overboard and get surgery after surgery, or try to look like someone else. I think it's mental illness to want to destroy your face to look different. 

It's not for me. And never would be honestly. 

• Like 1