How often do you weigh yourself?

StanleyZEN

I try to weigh myself everyday as part of pre shower routine. I tend to average about 5 weigh ins per week. I like having all the data on a graph to look at analyze over time to make sure things are trending in the right direction. Knowing is half the battle :). 

I don't weigh myself very often. I really don't have a reason to. I think if I was overweight or trying to ensure I was not gaining weight, I would weigh myself. I think it is more important to weigh your food and count your calories. The scale will never be a valid representation of health. I have seen some women who the BMI would claim to be obese by weight but fit into a size 3 clothing. Muscle is hardly ever factored in. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A few times a week. I like to know if I am maintaining, gaining or losing. I think most people should weight themselves at least once a week. I have family and friends who never weighed themselves and ended up very overweight without realizing it. 

• Like 1