Are there any signs you are burning good amounts of calories without tracking it?

Scarlett

I wonder this because I will work up a sweat cleaning and stuff but I have no way of measuring how many calories I am burning with a calculator or anything. I want to know if the body has any signs it is burning a lot of calories that I could notice. I know sweating means you are doing something but it is not a good indicator. 

• Like 1

If you are not wearing a fitness tracker to get an understanding of calorie burn based off of whatever your heart rate is at any given moment the other way to tell would be the scale. 

Are you losing fat? Is your body fat percentage going down? 

You can also tell over time just by looking at yourself in the mirror or putting on that pair of pants that is suddenly to large and needs a belt. I used to measure macro process by what belt loop I was on. 

I had a doctor that told me you can test if your metabolism is up by drinking water after working out. You drink a good 10 to 16 ounces of water and if you need to go to the bathroom with in 10 minutes of drinking it, it means your metabolism is raised. I don't know how true this but it makes sense that everything would be a bit sped up after working out if your got a good workout in.

• Like 1

I think you kind of have to use a tracker. There are sites that will give you a rough estimate of what you burn for different tasks. I would just use that and keep track of the time spent on each task. I think the average person burns around 100 calories every 20 minutes spent cleaning. It really depends on what you are doing though. Since you said you work up a sweat, you might be burning closer to 150 every 20 minutes. 

• Like 1