Mask mandates and quarantines coming back?

Sophia

I see it on the news...

In our local area not yet though. Still able to go around without a mask thank goodness. 

I sure hope things do not go back to the way they were at the start. I think people have it figured out now that the only way through this thing is to just go through it. Can not change the course or control the spread of this virus. 

I am still trying to figure out why a mandate is required... If you want to wear a mask great! If you don't want to wear one great! I have never been a fan of when someone attempts to push their choices onto you. That is why we live in free countries. So we can make choices for ourselves :). 

Happy to be living in Arizona where things seem to stay somewhat normal :). 

It's going to happen, and honestly I'm just going to put up with it. I hate wearing masks, but there is still a chance you can spread covid even while vaccinated, so I think the masks are just meant to protect others who aren't vaccinated and children who haven't yet been able to get the vaccine, at least not everywhere. 

Now if covid wrecks havoc on the US again, expect more mandates to come. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Justin89 said:

It's going to happen, and honestly I'm just going to put up with it. I hate wearing masks, but there is still a chance you can spread covid even while vaccinated, so I think the masks are just meant to protect others who aren't vaccinated and children who haven't yet been able to get the vaccine, at least not everywhere. 

Now if covid wrecks havoc on the US again, expect more mandates to come. 

Yeah it feels like we are going in that direction. And I'm just going to go along with it. If it's going to save me the trouble, I will wear a mask just to appease the people complaining. Plus, I kinda found comfort in wearing masks for some reason. Maybe it's because I hate people looking at me, so maybe having part of my face covered helps with that. 

• Like 1

What gets to me about it is that masks in and of themselves harbor so much bacteria and viruses. Unless you are not touching the part that goes over your mouth at all with your hands and you wash it soon as you get home or throw it away and wash your hands after, you end up spreading more germs. I can bet you any money maybe 20% of the population uses them like this as well. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mila said:

What gets to me about it is that masks in and of themselves harbor so much bacteria and viruses. Unless you are not touching the part that goes over your mouth at all with your hands and you wash it soon as you get home or throw it away and wash your hands after, you end up spreading more germs. I can bet you any money maybe 20% of the population uses them like this as well. 

I was one of those people who never washed their mask. That thing was likely nasty. I did not have it on for protection but to be compliant and not cause a scene when I was out and about with the family. 

Now places like Las Vegas currently do not get me as a visitor because I am tired of gambling in a mask. Gambling is a bad enough habit and then you want me to do something I really do not like. Maybe I will finally be able to give up on Vegas. 

I like that my kids do not have to wear masks anymore in school. I know on the days I had to wear a mask for 8+ hours when I was in professional training it would drive me crazy and I would have jaw pain by the end of the day. Poor children having to do that every day it would suck. 

If people want to wear them then so be it but it should not be forced on the rest of society. We know how to measure risk and make our own choices :). 

• Like 1

Improper use of a mask does defeat the purpose. You are more likely to get sick if anything so making children wear them made absolutely no sense to me. Unless you are a child who is high risk (which is VERY rare) there is no reason for it. My mother sent me to a chicken pox party when I was 8. Whatever happened to the exposer and immunity response to stuff?

• Like 2

On 9/4/2021 at 4:10 PM, Scarlett said:

Improper use of a mask does defeat the purpose. You are more likely to get sick if anything so making children wear them made absolutely no sense to me. Unless you are a child who is high risk (which is VERY rare) there is no reason for it. My mother sent me to a chicken pox party when I was 8. Whatever happened to the exposer and immunity response to stuff?

Seems like the best way to solve the problem to me. Herd immunity. I do not know when we became so scared as society. If they reported our other problems we face the same way as they reported on covid people would be afraid about those other things too. They do not because it does not help their agenda. 

Could you imagine if since we know overweight people are at higher risk of covid and they have stated that if they promoted living a healthier lifestyle as hard as they are promoting vaccination? That would be crazy! The public just wants quick fixes to their problems though which they feel a shot will do that but really they do not know yet. They keep adjusting vaccine effectiveness downwards while antibody effectiveness is still really high. 

• Like 2

I was going to mention the above. In order to get past something like this, you need the healthier people to be exposed to it and to fight it off. If you force everyone to hide away from it and rely on vaccination, you end up shooting yourself in the foot. Apparently the death tolls of one of the vaccines is over 10k now. I think this is the Phyzer one or however you spell it. It scares me because this is the one my parents got.

• Like 2