Why are people fighting over vaccination still?

Ella

I see three sides to the whole COVID-19 vaccine... People who got it out of fear, people who won't get it out of fear, and people who actually spoke to the doctors and were told whether it was safe or not for them. I feel like people are treating each other terribly over this and the media and businesses are egging it on. Vaccination is a choice and should always be a choice. If someone chooses to get one, it is their business and if someone chooses not to, it is their business. 

Everything happening right now with it, it almost feels like high school drama. Like I have people in my family who got it and some who didn't. No one is treated anyone any differently. Why is this still such an issue for people? Can't we just move on?

This is a topic for me that makes my blood boil. 

All around me I feel like I am being forced to take a vaccine. My family and I have all already had covid and we see no reason to take any experimental drugs or subject our children to them. 

The risk levels of adverse things happening because of Covid is very low for us all. We are young and healthy. We survived it when it made it through our household and it was no big deal. 

I still have people close to me trying to pressure me into getting the vaccine. 

If you have read my other forum posts you know I am no fan of western medicine. 

I have some telling me its a political choice I am making because I am a conservative. I do not understand the logic behind that we are talking health not politics. 

Others tell me that by not getting it I am putting other people at danger... I was under the impression at this point anyone that wants it can get it so I do not know who I am putting in danger. 

We are getting to watch them backpeddle on their guidance about how good the vaccine really is. 

I liked it better when our medical choices were kept private and maybe only discussed with your closest family members. Now it seems like it has been normalized to talk about these things in casual conversation. 

If people want it get it. It's all being funded by the taxpayers anyways. So there is no financial sacrifice that needs to be made. It makes me mad that it is marketed extremely hard and that we are the ones paying for all this. 

I'm tired of the covid conversation myself and since people have freaked out over such a small chance of death it would be nice if we can turn to the obesity problem in this country instead. Of course no one would want to fix that because they would have to get up off their butts and put in some effort. No shot is going to fix that problem. 

We as people can not control this so we have to let play out. Sometimes I think that people think they have super powers and with science and technology anything can be conquered. Nature is not something we can conquer. As soon as this virus started its path it turned into something we would have to live with. 

I really do not understand why it is being pushed so hard. If I follow the money its a few people getting very rich at our expense over this full thing and that likely has something to do with it. 

I am ready for a huge populous movement where we stop putting career politicians in office and we start hiring people that will work for the people instead of work to enrich themselves and their careers. It seems that out leaders have forgot who their bosses are and a lot of what they are doing can not be popular opinion among most. 

We have real issues that need to be solved and watching all the money that is being spent you start to ask questions about why they are not fixing the real problems we see every day but instead they just throw more money at their friends and family and continue to enrich themselves at the taxpayer expense. 

• Like 1

I am sick of hearing about it. I see people being nasty to others all the time over it. Something they are doing now in the NFL is formfitting games if someone who was not vaccinated on the team is sick! What a load of bull! Even if you get the vaccine, you can still get COVID-19. It is only meant to make it less likely that you will have adverse reactions to the virus and makes it less likely you will die from it. The only people who should be getting it are those who are high risk of death from it, that is it!  

Most people in my family already had it and as the science states, if you have the virus you have the immunity. It makes NO SENSE to get a vaccine if you have already had the virus! 

• Like 1

It is no ones business. Any medical choice you choose, that is up to you. Stores, governments, and people online have no business demanding proof or shaming people into sharing medical details. Medical documents and treatments are a private matter. This is like refusing to allow someone to shop at your store, have a political opinion, or join in an online group because they are of a certain weight. It is discrimination. This kind of crap is hurting minorities more than anyone as well. 

• Like 1

I've been fully vaccinated for a bit now and I think all the worry about it has been overblown, in terms of getting the vaccine. I think the scientists and doctors know what they're doing. 

I think it's more dangerous to not take this as serious. I think covid is a serious problem. You can argue about it not affecting you all that much, but that doesn't mean the next healthy person will have the same result. Those here who have survived covid, got lucky. And keep in mind, you're still at risk, probably even more to get the virus again. 

I feel at ease with the vaccine. There's nothing wrong with it from what I see, and those who do have issues, it's a really low amount. 

• Like 1

The risk for any kind of side-effect from the vaccine is low. They have not had time to do long-term research on it as it has been the fastest developed vaccine they have ever done. That is the part that worries me. I am all for people taking care of themselves and looking out for others but a lot of questions concerning the vaccine have not been answered and they are making things worst by doing forced vaccination for the military and forced vaccination for travel (trying to pass this now). This vaccine isn't likely harmful or an issue but who's to say laws don't get passed that force people to get vaccinated with something int he future that is harmful? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Emma said:

The risk for any kind of side-effect from the vaccine is low. They have not had time to do long-term research on it as it has been the fastest developed vaccine they have ever done. That is the part that worries me. I am all for people taking care of themselves and looking out for others but a lot of questions concerning the vaccine have not been answered and they are making things worst by doing forced vaccination for the military and forced vaccination for travel (trying to pass this now). This vaccine isn't likely harmful or an issue but who's to say laws don't get passed that force people to get vaccinated with something int he future that is harmful? 

That is why it should not be mandated. These are still experimental drugs and it is very irresponsible of the leadership around the world to force it on their societies. I would think everyone would want to see more long term data so we could all have a full understanding of the risks involved. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sophia said:

If they did become mandated and they started forcing people to get them, how would you guys react to that? What would you do?

I wouldn't do it. At that point it would be out of principal. At some point someone has to stand up and say this is not right. You can not force people to take drugs that do not have long term studies done. 

My wife, kids, and I have already been infected. We have antibodies. We see no point in putting ourselves at additional risk to please some other people that think we should. 

If we can hurry up and learn that as people we are not bigger then the world we live in. Somethings can not be controlled regardless of how hard we want to try. I strongly feel this just needs to run it's course. 

We have a ton of data now and we know who is at risk. They can take the proper actions to protect themselves. I respect everyone's individual choices. 

That is the thing I do not understand about all of this why does a segment of the population have a problem with the choice I am choosing to make? It should flow in both directions. Why do vaccinated people not feel safe? Why do they care about the people choosing not to vaccinate themselves? 

• Like 2

I would boogie on down to the friendly neighborhood dark web and get myself a fake vaccination paper, card, or whatever they are asking for. lol

I have never had a flu shot of any kind. I have had the other ones, I have no issues with those because they prevent serious things. COVID-19 is not a serious issue to me. It is just a slightly strong than normal flu. 

• Like 2

I hope they realize this. Forcing people to get injected will not end well. I don't have issues with vaccines but I can't trust something this early on. I don't care how good science is, there is no way of knowing long term effects from the vaccine. You can be for vaccines and still approach this cautiously. I spoke with my doctor and he told me that high risk people and those who work in high risk environments (hospitals) should be vaccinated but everyone else can use their own judgement. He feels most people under the age of 50 do not need it. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since FDA fully approve Pfizer, I just think it will be mandate like they mandate vaccine proof before admit to university. For example, when I applied for class at WWU in Washington back 2009. How are you get away from it if you traveling international to some countries require, or work for government or some corporation. Unless you be your own boss lol . 

I am not lie. I vaccinated after I knew that my wife carried my second child. We decide not have any more child, so it won't effect any DNA ( just my thought). However, my wife still not okay with vaccine after done with breast feed baby.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ktrain said:

Since FDA fully approve Pfizer, I just think it will be mandate like they mandate vaccine proof before admit to university. For example, when I applied for class at WWU in Washington back 2009. How are you get away from it if you traveling international to some countries require, or work for government or some corporation. Unless you be your own boss lol . 

I am not lie. I vaccinated after I knew that my wife carried my second child. We decide not have any more child, so it won't effect any DNA ( just my thought). However, my wife still not okay with vaccine after done with breast feed baby.

They are going to try to mandate as they are in other countries already. I can see it maybe happening temporarily but here in the United States no mandate like this will hold up in the Supreme Court. 

I understand there are other mandated vaccinations for our kids to go to public school but those have been around a very long time and there is a lot of data around those so that we can trust since they are deemed "safe". 

I think that as the data becomes a little more clear we as a society will realize there are much larger risks to us then Covid. The best course of action for a large majority of people would be to exercise more and eat healthy. Something that we already need anyways and does so much more then just protect us from Covid-19.