Extreme workout programs like crossfit

Lana

Does anyone here do the more tougher workouts you see in some of those extreme workout programs? Like Insanity for example, is one that comes to mind. As well, crossfit is huge these days, and seems to be about doing dangerous stuff to workout. Unless I'm missing something. He here enjoys these types of workouts? 

About 15 years ago I did the P90 program which was the beginners way into the P90X program which I never did. 

Sure crossfit, ninja, and some interval training may seem crazy. 

You build up to that though. Its not like you start out crazy. Everything starts where you can start it and you grow from there. Next thing you know you are flipping huge tires through a parking lot :P. 

Of course the programs work if you execute them consistently but so will any other kind of training that pushes you as long as you are consistently executing. 

I tend to keep things boring and stick to running and cycling. 

• Like 1

My mother's friend did cross-fit for awhile. She lost an insane amount of weight but ended up becoming burned out in just a few months time. I think she was losing weight too fast. Ended up being told by her doctor she needed to slow down and find something easier for her age. She ended up gaining half the weight back but recently started walking again for exercise instead. I think these workouts are great for people who are already in decent shape but they should be worked up to.

• Like 1

This is an advance level of workout so for anyone looking to "get back in shape", they would need to work up to it. I prefer people focus on programs that have levels. Like a beginner level to an expert level so you can adjust as you make progress. 

• Like 1