Are eggs healthy or not?

Scarlett

Over the last several years, I have seen this flip flop so many times. With the keto diet being popular right now, it would appear they are considered healthy again but just a few years back, people were saying not to eat more than 5 a week. Now people swear by eating 2 or more a day! So which is it? Are they healthy or not?

Hahaha

The diet industry just trying to make money selling books and changing fads. 

With a proper exercise routine and normal calorie intake you will be fine. 

Anything in moderation right? 

My thought process is: Is the food natural? Yes then I am good to go. Eggs cant be more unhealthy then the food they are making in labs now days. 

I likely eat 7 eggs a week on average. Sometimes more since they are so easy to cook 🙂

• Like 1

Eggs have been used for a long, long time in diets around the world. If you want to be 100% sure you are getting healthy eggs though, just buy them from local farmers or raise your own hens. I know some brands have grass fed and free-range eggs but they are usually 3 or 4 times the cost. 

• Like 3

Eggs in and of themselves are healthy. You just want to focus on the quality of the egg as a lot of the ones they sell at the store are loaded with synthetic vitamins and nutrition vs real nutrition from healthy hens on the right diet.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Scarlett said:

This is what I thought and was thinking! Thanks for your comments, guys. I feel like you would really have to be putting away the eggs for it to be unhealthy. I think eating up to 4 a day is fine for most people. 

Yup, In moderation it should be completely fine.

• Like 2