Are/Were you close with your grandparents?

Emma

I wish I was closer with them when they were still here. I feel like they could have taught me things both my parents couldn't. Sadly, they passed away a few years ago. My grandpa had pretty bad dementia and went in his sleep and two years after, my grandpa passed away in the hospital. I wish I had spent more time with them.

Are you close with your grandparents? (Or were you close with them)

I am fairly close with one of my grandparents, my grandmother on my father's side. I don't talk to many people on my mother's side and the grandmother I am close with, her husband (my grandpa) died when I was very young, I think two or three. So I don't really remember him. 

When I lived closer I was really close to my grandparents. 

Not so much anymore now that I live in the southwest and they live up in Canada. We still communicate via email and chat but it would be nice to see them more often. Traveling is hard I have 4 kids and a bunch of pets I need to worry about. I always have a standing offer for me to pay for them to come down. Things are just easier that way on everyone. Covid really messed up international travel so nothing has been taking place. 

Hopefully get to see them again soon. Family is one of the most important assets we have and it takes time to keep relationships alive and going well. 

Luckily my parents live close by so my kids are really close with their grandparents :). 

I never was. I think I just was not a very social child and kind of put off being close to family. I remember going with my grandma to spend the night there and crying halfway there. She had to turn around and bring me home. I couldn't even spend the night there I was too afraid. They were nice people I just was not the type to come out of my shell and as I did when I got older, I was already to distanced away from them.