Do you think the pandemic has caused a lot of issues with relationships between people?

Sophia

I always hear about people saying things like "if you are not vaccinated, our friendship is over" or "if you aren't vaccinated by now, you are no longer family". I see people gloating about cutting friends and family from their lives over stuff like this. I read a story of a woman who divorced her husband because he didn't want to get vaccinated. In general, it seems like people have been turning on each other for awhile now but the virus really put people over the edge. Between mask arguments, vax arguments, and general distrust... I can't see people getting back to normal. 

• Like 1

Absolutely. I have seen this in my own family. I have people who are 100% against the vaccines (not vaccination, just this vaccine) in my family and I have people in my family refusing to leave their house or be around anyone who is not wearing a mask still. Many of them have stopped talking to each other all together. I have a friend who stopped talking to me over the masks. I told her that I will wear one if I am sick and she got into an argument with me over it, ended up calling me a bunch of nasty names, and told me off. I have not spoken to her in 5 months now.

I too have family who have cut ties with each other. It seems rather silly but I am not going to get into it with anyone. If they don't want me around because I can't be vaccinated, that is their loss. I am not going to slow my life down for other people or take risks because other people chose to.

Oddly enough, this has not been an issue in my family nor my husbands. I think this is because the majority of us are moderate to right leaning individuals. Only two are on the left and they are younger. One is already coming out of it. She made up with her father who is a HUGE Trump supporter and she was basically what they call a "never Trumper". I am shocked as well because only some people in my family are vaccinated, mostly the older folks and the two younger ones I mentioned. Everyone 30 to 50 are not.