Soap Making... Is it worth trying?

Ella

I have seen some soap makers become quite successful. Then end up being able to work full time on their soap making and are able to earn $3,000+ a month. I am sure a chunk of that goes back out for supplies but still... It is insane what you can earn making soap! Has anyone here considered trying this?

There is a few soap makers I follow on YouTube who make really good money soap making, like a lot more than what you mentioned even as they actually have staff working with them. I think it is something that can do great, especially if you could manage to go viral. 

Soap making can be pretty dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. I took a class on it a few years back with a couple friends. It is a lot of fun but start with something you can manage like a melt and pour solution. If you want to work with lye, you have to be very careful. 

23 hours ago, Scarlett said:

This might help you decide: https://affiliateunguru.com/selling-handmade-soap-online

I had a friend online who made and sold soap on her own site as well as etsy. She said a good month for her was making $500 but a mad month was making $100. She did it part time. 

A mad month? I am assuming you mean bad. Either way, that is decent but I would imagine the cost of the supplies puts a big dent in the revenue. That is what sucks. You have to scale up pretty far or you end up paying more out of pocket for supplies.