Is instant coffee bad for you?

Emma

I know not everyone likes it but I enjoy it in the winter months. I always get the Hills brand mix that is flavored white chocolate and caramel. I had not really noticed the ingredients list until I made the mistake of forgetting to rinse out my mug from the prior day. The smell coming from the mug was like toxic waste that had been set on fire and put out with rotten eggs! It was AWFUL. It made me look at the ingredients and now I feel like this is not something I should be consuming. 

I looked this stuff up. It is the kind that comes in the small plastic tin right? The cappuccino mix?

If so:

0000.png.fd2c0c298a5f1fc7bf2deb0e79a53aec.png

It is mostly made up of sugar, corn syrup, and canola oil which are not the best things for you. It is likely a mix of that and the dry milk, sweet dairy that gives it the awful smell after it has been sitting. This is probably fine on occasion but I wouldn't drink it more than once a week. 

Yes, from the look of those ingredients, i would say this one is not exactly good for you. I am sure it is fine if you drink it here and there but I would not use this as a daily drink. You are better off getting real coffee and mixing in a bit of milk with some flavorings that have less ingredients.