Something I learned this month about weight loss

Ella

So I manged to lose about 10 pounds. I wasn't really watching what I ate, nor did I exercise but I was eating less. Especially at the start of the month. I feel like when we aren't focusing so much and putting so much pressure on ourselves, just cutting back is enough to see changes. I can't tell you how much I had cut back as I was not counting calories but I was noticing a pattern where what I was eating was being repeated. So I did calculate those days and it varied from 1,200 calories to 1,600. I am guessing this calorie cycling or sorts played a role as well. Just thought I would share. I think it is interesting. In the summer I was trying to lose weight and couldn't, even with being way more active. 

• Like 1

I read that calorie cycling does help. I have never tried it but you were likely doing with without realizing it. Coupled in with eating fewer calories, you will lose weight. I think weight loss is all about getting out of your own mind traps and enjoying the process. People dread it and go into it thinking it will be hard or impossible so they fail. 

• Like 1

Someone I know had this happen as well. She stopped focusing on making dieting a huge part of her life. She instead found enjoyment in hobbies that kept her busy. The result was that she wasn't eating as much because she was happy doing something else. A lot of people overeat because they are bored and very few realize it. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Calories matter more than people realize. I know someone on another forum who managed to lose almost 60 pounds eating fast food 5 days a week. They just made the days where they ate fast food a single meal day. They would have a small snack in the afternoon and eat fast food for dinner. Worked out to being about 1,500 calories a day.