Do real people even use dating sites?

Justin89

I signed up to a dating site months ago for the first time in years, and what I noticed was that it seemed I was matched with a lot of fake users, or women I know I would never have a chance with. As well, I noticed famous women on these sites, which means they are fake accounts tricking people. 

Have you seen a lot of fake accounts on dating sites? Do you think these dating sites should do a better job of sorting out the real from the fake? 

• Like 1

I am sure there are real people on them but you are going to be fighting an uphill battle. There are a lot of fake accounts, spam, catfishing, and loads of other guys you will be competing with. I remember reading the same thing Scarlett mentioned, that most are 70% men. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I believe there are a lot of real people on dating apps but you have to really work to find genuine people. By that I mean ones that aren't just looking for hookups, money, or free food. My husband's friend went on a date with a woman who admitted she only came cause she wanted free food. He made her pay for her meal lol

• Like 1

There are real people on these dating sites, it's just that there aren't as many people in my area, so I see a lot of the fake accounts mostly. You may get paired with a lot of fake accounts, if you do, you know the site isn't worth it. 

• Like 1