Do you know anyone who is too healthy?

Mickey

Do you know anyone who is too healthy? As in they are all about health and not even eating anything bad, not touching drugs or alcohol and so on. I knew this kid in high school, who was serious about his weight and figure. He'd workout for hours each day, eat super healthy and so on. I never saw how someone could make their life about fitness. 

• Like 1

We all get the opportunity to make choices every day. Is there such a thing as too healthy? 

It is great that the kid you knew was able to stay away from the evil temptations that a large majority of us are unable to pass up. 

I am sure this kid had some flaws somewhere. No one is perfect. 

Healthy living though is supposed to be lifestyle and not some trend we hop on and off of. I have been through the cycle plenty of times and this last time I think I was just tired of it. I have almost been consistently getting my cardio in for two straight years now. Will hit that goal the end of this year and I see no reason at this point to ever stop. 

Even when we go out traveling and my workout load is typically much lighter when on vacations when I come home I can feel I have lost a bit of fitness. I started to learn I really do not like to enjoy that feeling. I do understand that you will not always be at your peak but something is always better than nothing.  

I have never met a person that did not have some kind of flaw. Typically the more flawless they appeared the darker their vice was. 

Our life does revolve around our values and the goals we set for ourselves. We really have to live those things if we want to conquer whatever is laid out in front of us.  

My younger brother never smoke, drank, or used drugs. He jogs 8 miles 4 days a week and is very strict about not eating fast food or junk food. I think this came on when he had a heath scare when he was 15. It kept him away from the drugs and drinking completely in his teens. 

• Like 1

I had a friend who was straight-edge. She moved away several years ago now but as far as I know, she still sticks with it. It just means she doesn't drink, use drugs, smoke, or makes use of stimulants (caffeine for example) and she is not promiscuous. She will only have sex in committed relationships. She took all of this very seriously. Before she moved, she became a vegan on top of it. I can't say where her health is now as we have not talked in a few years but last I heard she was fitter than she had ever been, even after having a child. 

• Like 1

Most people I know aren't healthy enough or they are weirdly selective. Like they will be paranoid about wearing masks and others wearing masks yet they smoke and eat fast food 4 or 5 days a week. I don't know if this is down to ignorance or what. I think we should all enjoy ourselves but within reason and with self control. Have that unhealthy McD's meal but only have it once a month at most. 

• Like 1