Were you nervous before your wedding?

EagleEye

I'll be getting married soon to my girlfriend of over 6 years. And I have been looking forward to marrying her for a long time, but as the date closes I feel a bit nervous, Not because I'm having second thoughts but because I feel like the expectations from me or my responsibility is going to increase ten-fold

• Like 1

Yeah I scared shitless to make that commitment. Luckily we were getting married in Vegas so it was really low key and I was able to get a couple of drinks in me first. By time I got married to the lady I am with it had already been 5 years together and one child. 

I think my wording to her was well we might as well get married since we have kid :P. 

3 more kids later for a total of 4 children I could not be happier with my choices. I never wanted kids but having them gives me additional drive and some more people to worry about. 

I always think what if I did not follow this path and I do not think I would be alive right now without my wife and children. 

Not married yet but I have been to a few weddings over the years for friends and family. Most brides and grooms were nervous. A friend of mine who recently got married, he husband was throwing up in the bathroom minutes before getting married. I think it is normal and natural to be nervous because it is a big commitment. I would be more worried if the person I was marrying wasn't nervous at all!

• Like 1

I was in the days leading to it but on the day of, I was not nervous at all. I knew I was going to mess up my words when repeating the vows. I did! But I was calm about it. My husband on the other hand was shaking and very nervous. He was almost in tears which I thought was sweet. I managed not to cry but thinking back to the big day, I cry now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes! My hands were covered in sweat and I was feeling so nervous I was throwing up. My husband tried to keep a straight face and act all tough but confessed on our 1 year anniversary that he too was throwing up in the bathroom just 20 minutes before we got married. 

• Like 1