Can angry people ever change?

Justin89

Can an angry person, a really angry person, ever change and get through their anger? I have met many angry people, and often they are hard to please and never seem to get over their anger. Anyway, do you believe angry people can get through that anger and control it? I know anger management is a thing, but does it actually work? Have you ever met someone who was less angry after going to anger management? 

• Like 1

I have a sibling who is very angry. He has anger issues in fact. He has been this way since his teens and he is in his 30s now and I honestly don't see him changing. I think people can change but only if they want to and are willing to seek out professional help to do so. 

• Like 1

Anyone CAN change their behavior but they really have to want to change. Which is why sometimes we hear people never change. 

So if the angry person you know wanted to make a change they would have to work on that. 

Just like anything else it is a process to learn how to change an undesired behavior so it will take time. 

I have been friends with some pretty angry people and they seemed to calm down and chill out as they got older. I think some people form habits with anger in their teens and never outgrow this though. It takes a lot of discipline to change something after you have made a habit out of it for so long!

• Like 1

Some people can control their anger, and then there are some who just can't. Some change, and some don't. I know people who have controlled their anger, but no matter what they do, they can't control it all the time. They do get angry from time to time. I think with some help, they can change for the better, but there is usually something in ones life that pushes them to be this angry. Either it be their home life, their past, or something else. There's probably something that's wrong, and they are just lashing out. 

• Like 1

Something I learned is that some people other they don't care and don't want to change, even if they know they issues with anger hurt their relationships and damage their reputation. I don't think there is any help for these people because they refuse to change in the slightest of ways. 

• Like 2

Anyone can change if they want to be change in and of itself is something most people struggle with. I think this is why anyone struggling with addictions, anger issues, or anxiety struggle. They likely know changing would be better for them but change itself is a hard thing to do. 

• Like 1