Is PC culture ruining people?

Ella

When I say "PC culture" I mean the aspect where people are letting their emotions control them. This includes things like cancel culture, horrible trends on social platforms like TikTok and the desire to be liked by everyone, pushing sexual identities on children and teens, overly protecting teens and young adults (from bad words and ideas), and so on. 

Do you think this kind of approach is setting us up for future disaster within our society? I feel like we are back in the '60s or something where people used religion to control everything people said and did. Only this time, it is people who are demanding it without any form of God. 

• Like 2

It is a crazy to think about what the culture is focused on and thinking that these things are problems. It just means that times have been good for to long and people are forgetting the core values of what makes a place great. 

Free thought is something that used to be cherished and now it seems to get attacked. 

It is crazy to see some of our leaders in the USA talking they way they are about segments of people. People fought so hard to get equal opportunity for all people and now it seems governments around the nation are fine segmenting people out. 

Watching the double standards take place where people that do not agree with the ruling party are being punished at a far greater extent then the people that do agree. 

Things are going down a very slippery slope and I really think a majority of the people are still good and still have common sense. It is the vocal minority (the media, social media, internet) that is pushing us down this path. 

Either we are going to see very different candidates with a strong populus focus in 2022 (does not matter whos team they play on). Or I think we are going to start seeing bad things happen if a majority feel like they have fully lost control. 

To me I just wish this vocal minority would open their eyes. If you are having trouble hiring people why force them to do something they do not want to do. If unemployment is high and wages are low why bring more people into the country? If hospital systems are overrun why let more people in? If homelessness is out of control why let more people in? These things just seem like common sense to me but our leaders keep taking actions that make no sense to solve the problems that people are facing. 

• Like 1

My husband got me listening to a podcast called Timcast. The owner (Tim) is a liberal but not in the sense of what you would consider a liberal today, a real one. He and his group are very much pro-rights, pro-gun, and pro-America. They always talk about this stuff on there. One thing that I admire is that they are working to take the culture back. This stuff doesn't make money and this lifestyle they are feeding to people to be good is destroying them. I am glad more people are stepping forward and counteracting it best they can. It is definitely a problem when half the country hates the country and they can't even use logical reasons why. 

• Like 1

I am not sure what is happening to this world. Some say a lot of these young people growing up don't know what it is like to struggle so they have to make up their own struggles to overcome because it is human nature to want to achieve something in life. I guess it is easy to just make up problems or make minor problems into major ones and then become an activist trying to fight it. 

• Like 1

There are good and bad aspects to it. I feel like people are becoming more aware of issues other people face that are different from them which is great but a lot of people use their identity, race, or sexuality to abuse this. Same with corporate greed. The support movements and things like that but they do it for the money.

• Like 1