Do you think the LGBT is doing more harm than good at this point?

Emma

I have a friend who is gay. He recently said that he wants nothing to do with the LGBT anymore because the group is harming how people view him. He said that he wasn't viewed as a problem or "abnormal" for a good several years now but it is starting to happen again. When people sight issues to him, they point at the LGBT. They blame him for the gender issues and all the pronouns, people getting fired over it... It is a bit of a mess. He also brought up them allowing children at pride parades which bothered him deeply as his close friend was sexually abused as a child. 

I am wondering now if this is the case for a lot of other gay/lesbian/bi people out there. It seems like the addition of the "t" caused them a lot of issues. There are groups forming called "super gay" and "super lesbian" now so they can exclusively say they only want to be with their own biological gender. It is getting wacky out there. 

• Like 1

I do not really pay attention to these things. I assume when I see media coverage on the topics it is a small percentage and the extreme of what is really going on. 

Yes I do have a problem with the pronouns, the bathrooms that allow both men and women, and things like that because they impact me personally. 

To me people are just people. I do not care if you are gay or straight, the color of your skin, or any of that. People can live their lives how they see fit as long as it does not impede on myself or my family. 

What I never understood is why people wanted to be labeled in the first place? We spent so much time over history removing the labels and then they come back... It's like they want to get treated differently when everyone really should be treated the same. 

To me people are people. As an employer of people you either get work done or you don't. All the other stuff is just noise in my mind. 

• Like 1

The social issues and struggles that this group has caused for the people they say they are advocates for is pretty terrible. It reminds me of PETA and these people actually harming and hurting animals. I think people of all sexual orientations need to distance themselves from this hyperbolic group and get back to being normal members of society. Most of us straight people give a rat's behind who you sleep with (so long as it is legal!) and just want you to be happy. Don't get hung up on labels. 

• Like 1

I don't think anyone should hold this much value on their sexual identity. There are far more important things in life. If you want to make this your main feature and what makes you special, you will be a very unhappy person. I am all for gay rights and supporting them but the places that need to be helped and the LGBT should be focusing on at this point are not in the US. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 9:45 PM, Sophia said:

I don't think anyone should hold this much value on their sexual identity. There are far more important things in life. If you want to make this your main feature and what makes you special, you will be a very unhappy person. I am all for gay rights and supporting them but the places that need to be helped and the LGBT should be focusing on at this point are not in the US. 

This is what I don't like or understand about this movement. They make these believe believe or feel their greatest value is their sexuality. I can't imagine it feels good for them getting older when sex just doesn't matter anymore. I feel like the group got hijacked by politics though and they are being used. 

• Like 1