What do you think of Peloton?

Lana

Does anyone here own any workout equipment from Peloton? I've been thinking about getting a workout bike with a tv screen. That seems to be their specialty. But I think they also give a workout service as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Still though, their workout bikes and ellipticals are pretty cool. But, I am not a fan of spending that kind of money. 

• Like 1

It is too expensive IMO.

My friend has one of those bikes and she could have gotten a better overall bike for less and just used a tablet, something she already has. I feel like a lot of their products are hyped and not worth the cost. They are good, but just too expensive for what you get.

• Like 1

I am a fan! 

Peloton changed me from sedentary lazy guy to almost 2 years later I am over 100lbs lighter, can now run a 10k or longer, can easily accomplish 50 mile plus bike rides and my life is just better all around. 

pton.thumb.jpg.6d9a0dd771cf955471864639425f265f.jpg

You can see my sweat crystals under my bike. I just upgraded to the + because after almost 2 years of great service I felt the belt starting to slip on my old one and they were offering a decent trade in deal. 

Yes these bikes are expensive. 

What is it worth to have some help changing behavior though?

I do not know what has drawn me in. I did instantly fall in love with the data driven approach to training with power. When I started to run I loved power so much I had to find a foot pod to measure that for me. Thank you Stryd :). 

I ride this thing though almost every day. The temp is starting to drop again so I will be spending more time back outside but for a training ride the peloton bike is where I will turn for anything 90 minutes and under. 

This bike changed my life. I know it is me that changed my life but this bike made it fun for me to change my life. It is the first piece of workout equipment I have ever used this consistently. My wife was so mad for me to buy another clothing rack a couple of years ago and proved that wrong. 

I have seen nothing but results. 

image.thumb.png.ac54c0c8a15a25ca5e1c3dd8ddc086f2.png

I just got my 90 week consistency badge the other day and I can not wait to get the 104 week badge coming up soon :). 

image.png.2e46952b62f8c3bb0d7a5d754edc6ced.png

image.thumb.png.be9a1f9e1d7c28dbe634d32909c7eaa1.png

I am a very happy Peloton owner 🙂

• Like 1

I've heard of peloton. I honestly wanted to make my own exercise bike with a monitor on it, so that I can watch tv while working out. I could get the same result just putting one in a room after all. 

18 hours ago, James said:

I am a fan! 

Peloton changed me from sedentary lazy guy to almost 2 years later I am over 100lbs lighter, can now run a 10k or longer, can easily accomplish 50 mile plus bike rides and my life is just better all around. 

pton.thumb.jpg.6d9a0dd771cf955471864639425f265f.jpg

You can see my sweat crystals under my bike. I just upgraded to the + because after almost 2 years of great service I felt the belt starting to slip on my old one and they were offering a decent trade in deal. 

Yes these bikes are expensive. 

What is it worth to have some help changing behavior though?

I do not know what has drawn me in. I did instantly fall in love with the data driven approach to training with power. When I started to run I loved power so much I had to find a foot pod to measure that for me. Thank you Stryd :). 

I ride this thing though almost every day. The temp is starting to drop again so I will be spending more time back outside but for a training ride the peloton bike is where I will turn for anything 90 minutes and under. 

This bike changed my life. I know it is me that changed my life but this bike made it fun for me to change my life. It is the first piece of workout equipment I have ever used this consistently. My wife was so mad for me to buy another clothing rack a couple of years ago and proved that wrong. 

I have seen nothing but results. 

image.thumb.png.ac54c0c8a15a25ca5e1c3dd8ddc086f2.png

I just got my 90 week consistency badge the other day and I can not wait to get the 104 week badge coming up soon :). 

image.png.2e46952b62f8c3bb0d7a5d754edc6ced.png

image.thumb.png.be9a1f9e1d7c28dbe634d32909c7eaa1.png

I am a very happy Peloton owner 🙂

That's awesome James! 🙂

• Thanks 1

It is strange a normal bike I do not think would have done it for me. I have owned work out equipment before and never really got sucked into an addictive way of using it. 

Peloton with their instructors, gamification, and community that continues to root each other on is what I think sucked me in. 

I do not mean to be a fanboy or anything but I do credit the bike to helping making that cardio grind a little bit more fun. 

Yes the bike is expensive. But our health is priceless. So whatever it takes to get someone to be more active I am all for it 🙂

If it is something you will make use of, the cost will be more than worth it. Health is the most important thing. I think for many people, you don't need to spend this kind of money to lose weight but if it helps you stick to a program, go for it! I don't know anyone who uses it but I have heard positive reviews from people online. 

• Like 1