Setting a goal for myself!

Ella

So I mentioned in some other threads I am working on losing weight. I decided instead of aiming for unrealistic goals, I am going to have a weekly goal of losing 1 pound per week. Since I want to lose a total of 50 pounds, this means it would take me 50 weeks to reach this goal. This means it will take me nearly an entire year to reach this goal which I don't like the sound of but I feel like if I put my expectations too high or force myself to lose more than that, I will not be able to stick to it. 

I plan to do this by relying on my diet to start with. I will make sure to cut 500 calories every day which will equal a one pound weight loss for each week. I can't rely on exercise as I tend to not be able to stick to it so I will be exercising but not relying on it to reach my goal.

Do you think 1 pound per week is an easy and realistic goal? 

• Like 1

Looking forward to following your journey to accomplishing your goals. 

Step one is complete and you have a goal set and you have already made a plan to accomplish it. 

Now just execute on your plan and get it done. 

The goal sounds realistic and achievable. Now just execute on that plan! 🙂

Keep us updated with your progress. 

As simple as weight loss is, it can still be hard for a lot of people so each time you reach a new goal, be proud of yourself. I had a friend who struggled with her weight since her teens and she finally got serious about it a few years ago. She lost a good amount of weight before she started exercising. You can lose weight by just eating less and eating healthier. How are you planning on tracking your calories? 

• Like 1