Would you ever join a show like the Biggest Loser to lose weight?

Damon

I used to watch the Biggest Loser a lot back in the day. I thought what they were doing was pretty cool, to help people lose weight. But I think they went all wrong about it, they made heavily obese people, do tough workouts that were probably more damaging to them than anything else. I heard horror stories about the biggest loser, like people gaining the weight right back, and people having multiple injuries. I read a story about a woman who ended up having bad knees after the show, because she was forced to run up stairs in a stadium. 

So to answer my own question, I would not ever join a show like the Biggest Loser. But, if I was obese, and they re-worked the show to be safe, I'd maybe consider it. What about you? If the show was safer, would you go on it? 

• Like 1

I am not a huge fan of attention so a show like that would likely not be for me. Yes the show was a bit unsafe and there were some injuries but that happens in normal everyday exercise too. 

It does not help all the stress that is being put on the joints from all the weight is having to be carried around. 

Of course people are going to put the weight back on after the show especially if they were working out just to be on the show. That is not a real fix to the problem just a temporary Band-Aid. 

We understand that we have to be consistent in our efforts and make changes to our lifestyle for long lasting change otherwise you will just revert back to your norm. 

I do remember watching this show from time to time back in the day. 

Yeah I've heard bad stories about the show and would never try it out, even if I was at a weight that needed the help. When you're at such a weight, it's best to work slow and work on your diet. Once you start to lose more weight, then you can start to push yourself a lot more. Having a lot of weight on your frame, isn't good, it gradually will damage your body over time as well, because continually walking and moving on said weight, will destroy your bones eventually. 

• Like 1

Isn't this the show that Jillian does? Or at least did?

I remember her talking about it and she said she legit would have people walking for 4 hours a day on a treadmill and in between she would do one on one sessions with each contestant for muscle training. I guess if it helps to motivate you, it is worth it but I wouldn't be able to put up with that!

• Like 1