What is a good diet for weight loss that doesn't involve eating foods I don't like?

Ella

A lot of diets I come across require me to eat foods I don't like or can't eat a lot of. I have tried that keto diet and just couldn't stick to it. All the meat was making me sick to my stomach and was causing issues for my bowels which was not pleasant (sorry if TMI!!). I want to be able to find something that works but has food I can eat and enjoy. I can't do high protein diets. 

• Like 1

Well in the end every diet needs to be sustainable over time to make a change in your daily life. So its not really a diet that you are seeking it is a change is lifestyle. The weight loss industry is huge and they need all different kinds of diets to sell different products but the weight loss equation is very simple. 

Burn more calories then you consume consistently. 

Now I do not count calories as my weight is doing what I want it to do but if it were not I would gather that extra data point to analyze the truth. 

The best diet is going to be eating fresh foods and staying away from packaged garbage. Meat, fruits, and veggies. If you are thinking about the layout of the grocery store its the outside aisles of the store you are shopping :). Keep it natural. 

I have been eating fresh non packaged foods since exiting the Keto diet that kicked off my weight loss about 3 years ago now. Before that I did every diet in the book but I quickly learned that as soon as I hit my target weight I would revert back to my old ways. So I had to make a change in lifestyle and find a way to enjoy and sustain that to treat the root of the issue instead of just treating the symptoms. 

• Like 1

The easiest diet there is, is the simply eat less. You will have to count your calories for this. It is a good way to start losing weight. You have to determine what you burn daily at your current size not doing anything at all. Then you add on calories burned according to your activity level. Once you have that maintenance number, you take off a minimum of 500 calories and that is your daily max for calories for each day. You will lose 1 to 2 pounds each week doing this. If you want to lose weight faster, add in some exercising without eating over your limit. You can eat whatever you want, just stay below that number. I promise this works! 

Once you start to see results, make healthier choices in your day to day eating habits. This will result in you losing even more weight. You just have to remember that calories are energy and any energy you don't use will be stored for later!

• Like 1

If you do decide to count calories, go by weight and get a kitchen scale. I know someone who tried this to lose weight and was beating herself up because she was not losing any weight. Come to find out, the calories on a lot of her food items were not right and she was eating anywhere from 300 to 700 over her daily limit. 

• Thanks 1