What vitamins/minerals are key to keeping your skin more youthful as you age?

Sophia

I always hear that water is important and I am sure it is but there is more to it than just hydration! I feel like you need to have the right vitamins and minerals on a weekly basis in order for your skin to benefit and keep a more youthful appearance even as you age. So which are most important for this? 

• Like 1

I had to go talk to my wife about this one. She suggested: 

The anti-aging skin regime would consist of a balanced concentration of vitamins and minerals, such as Vitamin A or Retinol, Vitamin C and E. For example, you can mix a few drops of the supplement with your night cream each night. This strategy may help to reduce wrinkles and maintain your youthful appearance.

Hyaluronic acid is said to be one of the best things you can put on your skin to counteract aging.

In terms of eating better, I think making sure you get enough vitamin C is one of the most important. That helps rebuild and protect the skin cells. 

• Like 1

Most stuff I read say to drink plenty of water, get enough sun but not too much, and to eat fruits and vegetables daily to promote healthy skin. I know skin tends to be telling of internal issues with hormones and such so if you have issue with acne or anything of the sort, it is best to get things checked out on a hormonal level.

• Like 1