Dating someone who has kids, could you do it?

Damon

Would you date someone if they already have a kid or two? I honestly don't know. I am great with kids, but idk if I want to date anyone who already has kids, as I don't know yet if I want to be a father or not. 

Anyway, would you date someone who has kids? 

• Like 1

I don't see any issue with it. I think the issue may arise when or rather if a couple decided to have children together. I have heard both men and women express that they always treated their own blood children better and for many of them, they didn't even realize they were doing it.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 1:03 AM, Damon said:

Would you date someone if they already have a kid or two? I honestly don't know. I am great with kids, but idk if I want to date anyone who already has kids, as I don't know yet if I want to be a father or not. 

Anyway, would you date someone who has kids? 

Yes sure, i will do it. But only if we are really in love. True love. Because you must accept him or here with the kids. Meaning, that have to understand that the love and attention will be divided to the two of you. Plus, as the kids grow, the responsibilities increases, therefore, you have to be ready to take the responsibility or at least understand what kind of load your partner is carrying and how it affects your relationship. 

• Like 1

I would but I think this heavily depends on the person I am dating more so than the child. Some people who have children come with bad baggage from the ex (parent of the child) and I would not want that to become an issue for us. The child really would not be an issue. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 1:37 AM, Stacey said:

I would but I think this heavily depends on the person I am dating more so than the child. Some people who have children come with bad baggage from the ex (parent of the child) and I would not want that to become an issue for us. The child really would not be an issue. 

You are right. Many people find it hard to completely get out and forget their past relationship. And this will often bring issues in your current relationship. And yes, the kids is innocent. S/he may not even be aware of what is going on. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 9:40 AM, Simone R said:

You are right. Many people find it hard to completely get out and forget their past relationship. And this will often bring issues in your current relationship. And yes, the kids is innocent. S/he may not even be aware of what is going on. 

I think in a lot of cases, the children don't understand anything and don't know how to express what they are feeling and often get hurt in the process of their mother (or father) dating. 

• Like 1