Fasting, how many meals do you usually have a day?

Rachel

I try to fast every day. What I usually do is eat a meal around 2-4pm. I wait through the whole day, not eating anything. I hear it helps lose weight more, but idk if it's really working. I do still need to workout some. 

Anyway, has fasting worked for you in the past? And what is your fasting routine like?

• Like 1

We lived the Keto lifestyle for a couple of years. During that time I used to only eat at dinner time and the rest of the day was water and coffee with heavy cream (i miss heavy cream). It seemed to work out well and the high fat content of the lifestyle kept you feeling full. 

I still really only have one real meal a day but as I exercised more I found that my body needed more. We no longer live the keto lifestyle and just eat natural meats, veggies, and fruits now. I tend to find after workout time a protein bar and a small bit of leftover dinner is needed in the middle of the day. Dinner has shrunk down to a smaller meal then it was during the Keto lifestyle. Then I typically snack on fruit until I go to bed. 

Do you mean intermittent fasting? Like only eating in a specific time window every day? I have never tried this. I have just done standard fasting. Years ago I managed an 18 day fast where I only consumed water most days with the occasional juice if I needed a bit of a boost. I have done many shorter fasts. I like to do 24 hour fasts these days as I tend to get too shaky/weak to handle two or three day ones.

• Like 1

I have two meals a day and usually 1 to 3 snacks a day. It depends. I eat more when I am less active which is a double-edge sword! When I am busy and have things to do, I will go hours without eating and not be bothered by it. Sometimes I don't even get hungry. I tend to eat 3 to 5 hours after waking up most days which extends my "fasting period". I stop eating around 8PM most nights. 

• Like 1

My eating habits are all over the place. I tend to eat less this time of year. I don't know why but my appetite is much lower. An example, all's I had today was a coffee in the AM and then peanut butter toast for lunch. I will be eating dinner in an hour or so and will probably just eat some roasted chicken with a baked potato. If I have a snack before bed, it will probably just be a few handfuls of grapes. 

So in terms of fasting (hours I am not eating) it goes up and down. 

• Like 1