Rest days when injured?

EagleEye

If it was an injury that I was not going to the DR for it would not be true rest days. I would do Yoga and extra stretching until it was worked out then get back into things. It depends on the injury. 

If I do go to the DR and they give me a timeline I would typically start exercising again before they give me the go ahead. Thinking that they have to error on the side of caution. 

It depends on the injury. Usually I will rest one to three days and then I force myself to move again. I like to use heat and ice. I pulled my back a few years ago and struggled to do just about everything I normally did so I gave it a good 48 hours of relaxing with ice and heat in rotation and eased back into moving more.

• Like 1

I honestly can't say. I have not been injured since I was in my teens in this sense and I just went along with whatever my doctor told me was best. I guess if I hurt a leg, my back, or maybe pulled a shoulder I would use the same approach as Stacey. 

• Like 1