Would you go back to someone you previously dated?

Lana

Have you ever gotten back with someone after being separated for years? Maybe you were a high school sweetheart to someone, and broke up in high school. Then found each other again at a new job, or somewhere random, and you two start showing interest in each other. 

I've dated a couple people who I previously dated in high school at at an old job of mine. So, it's not far from reality, many people go back to an ex later on. People can change all these years, so keep that in mind too. 

I met the lady I am now married to when I was 16 so no have never had the opportunity. 

I can see the allure since you are already comfortable with each other. I have known people that have divorced and remarry. 

It would be hard on me because I would think the same issue that existed back then is still likely there. In order for people to change they have to really really really want it. 

How did it go getting back with the people that you were with in the past? 

I never had the desire for it. Once I break up with someone, it is for good. The reason it ended in the first place will always be in the back of my mind. On the other hand, I have a friend who had gone back and dated 3 different guys she has dated in the past, all in a row too. She recently started dating the guy she was dating when she was 15. I guess for some people it is easier to split up, grow apart, and reconnect. I just can't do that. 

• Like 1

I considered it once and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I was meant to go on a "lunch date" to catch up and I canceled at the last minute and never talked to him again! I have a hard time staying friends with my exes much less dating them again. 

It depends on the person. If we both ended it amicably and without one or the other cheating, I might consider dating that person later if a connection happens again. But, if they happened to cheat, hit me or was emotionally abusive, no way would I give them another chance.