How often do you eat out/get take-away?

Stacey

I noticed since 2020, I have been doing this a lot more. I think it is because I made a habit of it. I seem to be getting some kind of fast food or take-away food 2 or 3 times a week and I have been doing this for almost a year now. I noticed I had gained almost 20 pounds as well. I am glad I am a bit taller so it doesn't show as much but still. lol 

I feel like eating it more than once a week is too much, at least for me. I am wondering how often others eat out. 

I think you are right, it is okay to do once a week but with prices and the lack of "healthy" options when it comes to fast food, it is getting to a point where I only want to eat out once or twice a month. I love pizza, Chinese, Chipotle, and many other things but I am trying to cut back because of cost. 

We tend to get pizza once a week. Chipotle for lunch twice a month. Salad to go for lunch once a week. We have gotten better over the years used to eat out a lot more. As we had more kids that get less financially feasible quickly. We try to prepare our own meals as often as possible to save money and be healthier. 

There are healthier options when it comes to eating out so I don't think of it as a bad thing to do it so much these days but it certainly isn't cheap! The healthier the food, the more it will cost you. For me, it is probably once or twice a week. For awhile I was eating out 3 or 4 days a week but I cut back. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have takeout once or twice a week. I usually limit myself to having smaller portions and I eat lighter the day before or the day after to balance out the calories and unhealthy stuff. Fast food is tasty so I see nothing wrong with enjoying it, you just have to be smart about it!

• Like 1

I don't really eat out much, and when covid hit, it really took a backseat. I mean, I don't mind eating out, but I just don't bother to really. I always have food at home to eat, and that's usually good enough for me. 

• Like 1