Long distance relationships

Kuro

I have been in a long distance relationship for almost 2 years now. I moved to a new country just before the pandemic started, with the intention of going back to bring my girlfriend. But now we're been stuck apart for so long.

How do you guys cope?

Both parties are going to have to really want it. Being apart for so long would be hard on anyone. If the love is true and deep though it will be easy. Plenty of technology to help stay in touch and can get creative for any other needs that arise. 

My brother was in a long distance relationship with his now wife. We are in the US and she is from Italy. They met online, dated for a year (without meeting in person, only video chats) and he finally went there to meet her. They did 4 or 5 yearly visits for 3 years and then tied the knot and she immigrated to the US in 2018. It took a lot of trust, commitment, and love for this to work out. If you want the relationship to work out, it will! 

• Like 1

I love that people are able to meet people these days all around the world and form wonderful connections they wouldn't have otherwise been able to. I don't like how hard it can be to be apart though and I know when you love someone, even just a few days spent away from them can be hard. I think keeping yourself busy and making use of Skype and other video calling software will help. Talk every day in video chat and find things do to with your downtime when you can't talk. 

• Like 1

Never been in a long distance relationship. I talked to women in the past who lived across the world, but we never ended up dating. I don't think I could do long distance for long. I could maybe do a month to maybe even a year max, but anything more would be a burden for me. Most of my friends who were in one, never lasted longer than a few months. Because most of the time, people want to move on and explore other options. At least that's what I have found in the past when it comes to friends and family past long distance relationships. 

A friend of mine, dated a girl that was a few states away. He tried so hard to make it work, and even proposed to her. They ended up breaking up when he found out she was dating another guy already. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't be able to do it, personally. I feel like it would be "easier" being in the same country and for the right person I might be able to but not in another country. I would not be able to feel close to them just talking or video chatting. 

• Like 1