How often do you go for walks?

Kuro

I used to walk every single day until I started running. Now I just walk as a cool down after a run and I run 4 - 5 days a week. 

Not all the walks were fitness based sometimes I would just be going out to talk to the wife without the kids. She has a much slower pace then I do but that is fine as I know I am not going to get the work out I am looking for by walking anyways. 

I used to be a slave to the step counts on my Fitbit and then I upgraded over to a Garmin with auto adjusting goals and when it brought my step goal to over 20k steps a day I decided to measure activity by active minutes instead of steps. On running days getting to 20k steps would not be bad but on my off days having to go out and walk for an hour and half plus was a bit much. 

I don't want to discourage walking though. If that is what gets you outside and moving all the power to you. I wish all the my kids and wife would take up walking more often.

Not as often as I should! I was more active a few years ago and I am looking for ways to get back into it. A friend who moved away used to go for walks with me 4 days a week in the early AM hours. Since she moved and no one else wanted to go on walks with me, I struggled to stick to a schedule. I don't enjoy walking a lone for safety reasons and just general reasons. 

Walking is something I typically only do when I am shopping. I will spend a good hour to an hour and a half walking around the grocery store. When I go clothing shopping or gift shopping, I spend even more time walking. Since COVID, I haven't been out shopping as much and I can feel it. Just having that general walking around while shopping on a weekly basis helped! I should get in the habit of walking the local bike trail. I will have to find a walking buddy. 

• Like 1