Are "micro goals" better?

Ella

This is a new phrase I started seeing thrown around last year I think it was. basically, a micro goal is something so mall and easy to accomplish that most people can. The idea is that the goal should be able to be done within 24 hours and within reasonable grasp of the person setting the goal. People say these are better than small goals or long term goals because you can feel you have accomplished something sooner. 

This sounds like a task to me. 

My process goes like this. Set a goal. Now work backwards from that goal and build a plan of how I am going to get there. So a plan contains plenty of tasks that will need to take place to go from point A to point B. 

So if my goal was to run a marathon well then I would need to get out running. So running 4 days a week would be a task assigned to myself (keeping this simple for discussion). So would an individual run be a micro goal? To me I do not have the goal of running 4 days a week I have the assignment of running 4 days a week to help me reach my goal. 

Are "micro goals" really just tasks? 

• Like 1

Yeah this just sounds like a task or chore you set for yourself for the day. Nothing wrong with that though! I mean we reach our goals differently and sometimes having very small ones is easier to manage! 

• Like 1

Baby steps or ocean leaps, it doesn't matter. What matters is you are heading in the right direction and if you need to take it small and slow, that is fine. You have to find what works for you and some people just do better with smaller goals. 

• Like 1