What makes someone compatible for being a life-long partner?

Mila

I am curious what you all thing or what your experiences have taught you. It seems like divorce is on the rise again and I feel like marriage is not the problem but rather people marrying the wrong person for them. What do you think makes someone a compatible and life-long partner? 

23 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I haven't found the right person yet but I would imagine it deals mostly with having the same world views and wanting the same things in the future. You have to be able to communicate, have respect, and trust each other as well.

This. I think this is probably the best universal way to look at things. You need to be right for each other and also willing to grow together. Not everyone can handle being in a long term commitment. 

Having a mutual understanding and goals in mind. Trust is needed but even trust can save a relationship where people want different things in life. I knew my husband was right for me because his main focus was caring and providing for me while mine was taking care of him, our home, and ensuring we both have a healthier life together.